2.0
Turnaround Time

Less than two years ago, I took my car in because the brakes were squeaking even when not engaged. I had the calipers, brake pads and rotors replaced on both rear tires. They replaced the brake pads and rotors. When I picked my car back up it still was making the same sound. They reinspected it and found the rear caliper had seized up. They wanted to charge me the full labor amount to replace it even though they claimed to have inspected it when the tire was off. I argued them down on the cost of labor, because they should have found it when the tire was already off.

11 months later, my brakes began squeaking again. When I took my car back in, they told me the rotor was warped and would need to be replaced. They told me that the rotors were not warrantied anymore and I would have to pay for a new one. I asked if it was normal that a rotor would last less than 12 months. I was told "it depends" without any other clarification. It was only after arguing with them that they agreed to fix the rotor for free.

Recently, my brakes began squeaking again. I took my car to a different shop and was told the caliper had seized again. When I asked NTB if they were still under warranty, I was told that the warranty was only 90 days. The caliper had lasted less than two years and NTB told me they could do nothing about it except replace it again at my expense. The shop that had my car (Bob Sumeral Tire) told me that they would give a life time warranty if I had it replaced with them at roughly the same cost.

Do not use NTB, there are other chains that will actually warranty the work they do and not use shoddy parts.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Parts did not last and short warranties.

• Poor Service And Shoddy Parts
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 02, 2016.

Comments

the response by Kitchener is incomplete at best. I had NTB install calipers on my Sequoia at 149,000 miles.

This was the first time ever. The replacement calipers failed at 180,000. I did not change my driving habits the last 31,000 miles of driving, especially after driving for 41 years now.

They do seem to have a problem in this regard. As for Kitchener - thanks Captain Obvious

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1120996

It could very well be the way you drive that is causing this---in other words, roaring up to a stop and jamming on the brakes. Happens all the time.

Causes brake pads to wear fast and damages the rotors, etc. Look to thyself, not others for your problem(s).