1.2
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

On May 19th i took my truck into NTB for a number of reasons...there was a lot of play in my steering wheel, my truck felt like i was driving on a sheet of ice and felt like it wanted to lock up on me. Also it felt like the truck was out of aligned.

I was advised that my tie rods were going bad but there had to be something else happening to cause the car to drive the way it did. I was asked by Chris if I could leave the truck to have the store manager Jason have a look for a pair of 2nd eyes.

On may 21rd after having my truck for a couple of days i was told that my steering angle sensor was bad and needed to be replaced and that i should also replace the tie rods as well. chris informed me he was having a hard time finding the SAS and asked if i could call around as well and i did. I purchased a SAS and tie rods from NAPA Auto store the SAS I spent $217 to have it overnight from their location in UTAH.

ON Wed May 23rd i delivered the parts to NTB and was told by NTB they will contact me once the truck was fixed.

On Saturday May 26th after several days of calling and going by i was advised by NTB that my rack and pinion needed to be replaced and if i would probably get a better deal if i purchased the part myself. therefore i went to O'reilly auto parts and purchased a rack and pinion and delivered to NTB myself that day. they ask if i could give them until monday because the manager Jason will be personal doing the work on the truck and he was off on sundays and it was about a 4.5hr job.

****AT THE POINT THE TRUCK JUST WASN'T SAFE TO DRIVE*********

On Monday May 28th I called to check on the process of the car i was told by Jason the store manager everything is looking he would call me back by the end ... I NEVER HEARD BACK.

The next day i called and was told they are still working but should be finished on wednesday.

May 30th i called was told things are looking good and could come after work to pick up the truck. arrived about 5:30ish and was told the truck needed to realigned and text driven one more time and i was good to go... 2 hrs laters jason released the truck to be after having to realign it 3 different times as i waited.

SO $720 later i drove the car home about 4mi and noticed the wheel was extremely stiff. on thursday may 31st i called NTB and spoke to chris. i told him the truck was driving weird and making noises. he asked if i could bring in in on friday...

Friday i ended up taking the truck to the Acrua dealership for a 2nd pair of eyes ...

AT THAT TIME WAS ADVISED THAT ALL THE WORK THAT WAS DONE WAS INCORRECT. THE TIE RODS WERE PLACED BACKWARDS, THE POWER STEERING HOLES WAS CUT AND TRIED TO COVERED UP HENCE THE LEAKING OF THE FLUID. THE NUTS FROM THE RACK IN PINION WERE NOT PLACED BACK!! THE POWER STEERING PUMP THAT I HAD REPLACED AT ANOTHER NTB LOCATION HAD INSTALLED IT INCORRECT.

I WAS TOLD BY THE DEALERSHIP THEY WERE SURPRISED I DIDN'T GET IN TO AN ACCIDENT DRIVING THE 20MILES TO THERE LOCATION!!!

Oh i left out the most important part!!! i was told on Friday that the person who did the work to my car was fired that night after my car was released to me !!! my question IS why????

Product or Service Mentioned: National Tire And Battery Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Employee up front are nice specially the girl and chris.

I didn't like: Worse repair service ever parts were placed on incorrectly.

• To Busy
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 06.

Comments